We almost didn’t have newborn photos taken. Luckily, by the grace of God, our hospital has photographers who can take newborn sessions of our new little family. I am so happy we decided to go ahead and do it and more than pleased with how they turned out!
Also, it was perfect how Josh, Cam and I all somehow had color coordinating outfits that worked out so well for our pictures (we’re already that family!!) Haha, it was like as if we planned it and it turned out perfect!
Our newborn photography session was seriously the best $175 ever spent. Cam has already grown and changed so much these pictures and I am so glad that we have such a special time captured on film. If you are debating having a newborn session done at the hospital, do it!!! You won’t regret it!
& I am so excited to share these beautiful images with y’all as well as 10 things I have loved since becoming a mommy.
I mean…can he get any cuter???
10 things I love about motherhood
- I’ve become way more emotional than I ever thought I’d be. I don’t know if it’s the hormones or what but I feel like I “feel” everything so much more. I’ll never forget something my Ob told me during one of our appointments. I had told her that I was more emotional, but in like, a happy way. She said in the most poignant way, “well ya, the world is so much bigger than you now.” It’s been something that has stuck with me since that 16 week check up and been tried true since Cam made his way into the world.
- Cam makes the cutest little owl noises out of nowhere. Like little hoots. Haha, it’s the most adorable thing ever!
- It’s amazing how hard you’ll try to make something work for your baby. For me, this proved to be true when I worked so hard to get my milk to come in to breastfeed Cam. Since he was born three weeks early, it can take some time for my body to “catch up”, meaning my milk may come in later than other moms. Because of this, I breastfed (what I could) 7 or 8 times a day, pump on top of that to “drain” and signal my body to make more, take supplements. I mean, I am trying so hard… and finally… it came in! I am so excited!! Oh, the things you’ll do for your little babe.
- Cam’s premie clothes are by far the cutest little things ever. They make newborn clothes look huge! However, we are so happy that he is filling out (finally!) and fitting into his newborn baby clothes 🙂
- When Cam sleeps, I creep. I can’t help it. He is so dang cute when we sleeps.
- Cam is going through a phase where he wants to be held after he’s nursed. He’ll fall asleep and if I try to put him down, he’ll get all fussy. I think it’s the universe’s way of telling me to enjoy these little moments with him. Everything else can wait.
- I can’t wait to start going on adventures with little Cam. We’ve started making plans for this summer and we cannot wait!!
- I love that Cam is the perfect mixture of both Josh and I. He has Josh’s eyes, nose, and eye brows. He has my lips and chin. He was born with all this light brown hair and my mom said I had the same when I was born. It’s slowly but surely turning golden blonde.
- As much as I hate to admit it, I understand my parents so much more now. I understand why they were so protective and strict with me. I also understand why people move to the suburbs…haha!!
- Going through pregnancy and giving birth to Cam is by far my biggest accomplishment. I absolutely love that he made me a mommy and how it feels like he’s been here all along <3